Malini Patel, CPA
3340 Veterans Memorial Highway
Bohemia, NY 11716
Malini is a member of Cerini & Associates’ audit staff where she works with the firm’s nonprofit and pension clients. Malini has over ten years of accounting experience, including over five years of international external audit experience, and over six years of U.S. GAAP audit experience. She brings this diverse background and knowledge to the firm, where she oversees the employee benefit plan practice.
In addition, Malini is heavily involved in the operations and development of the firm. As a leader in the firm’s nonprofit and pension service areas-Malini is responsible for the training and education of staff members both in the field, and in the office. In addition, Malini directly contributes to the firm’s website articles as well as their newsletter, The NFP Advisor, written specifically for the nonprofit sector.
Areas of Expertise:
- Employee benefit plans
- Nonprofit audits
- System testing and analysis
- Internal and claims audit functions
- Recommendations on improvements to internal controls
- Accounting assistance
- Preparation of Federal Form 990
- Operational reviews
Entities seeking pension audits/consultation
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Suffolk County Employee Benefit Committee
Malini graduated from SUNY Old Westbury with a B.S. in Accounting with a GPA of 4.0.
Download information as a vCard