2014 Finalist Videos are here!
2nd Annual Long Island Imagine Awards Winners Announced
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – May 8, 2014 – Bohemia, NY – 5 nonprofit winners of the 2nd Annual Long Island Imagine Awards were celebrated on Tuesday, May 6, 2014 at the Crest Hollow Country Club, Woodbury, NY. This gala event attracted over 330 of Long Island’s most effective and innovative nonprofit organizations. Over 100 nonprofits submitted applications to win a $5,000 grant in each of five categories: Innovation, Leadership Excellence, Rising Star, Social Entrepreneurism, and Social Impact. Of this pool of worthy applicants, 20 were selected as finalists and one in each category was awarded the grant.
- The Cerini & Associates Social Impact Award – Peconic Land Trust
- The Pilot Benefits Innovation Award – United Cerebral Palsy Association of Greater Suffolk, Inc.
- The Nixon Peabody Leadership Award – Interfaith Nutrition Network (The INN)
- The Social Enterprise Alliance Long Island Chapter Social Entrepreneurism Award – Federation Employment and Guidance Services, Inc. (FEGS)
- The Claire Friedlander Family Foundation Rising Star Award – RotaCare, Inc.
The Long Island Imagine Awards has been the vision of event Chair Ken Cerini, Cerini & Associates, LLP, for over 10 years. “The Long Island business community now has a mechanism to recognize the good work of the nonprofit sector and reward them for their innovation, leadership and sustainability.” said Cerini.
Representatives of the winning nonprofits at the 2nd Annual Long Island Imagine Awards: (L-R) Blanche Puglisi, RotaCare, Inc., John Halsey & Dan Heston, Peconic Land Trust, event creator Ken Cerini, Cerini & Associates, Ira Machowsky, FEGS Health and Human Services, Patricia Dalrymple, United Cerebral Palsy Association of Greater Suffolk, Robert Kammerer, The Interfaith Nutrition Network and (center) Rolf Walter, United Cerebral Palsy of Suffolk.
Plans are already underway for the 2015 event.